This is an independent study about Print Installation at the Savannah College of Art and Design consisting of Sarah, Jill, Peach, Malia, and our wonderful guide Deb.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Paper Bowls


New idea, this is what is great about this class, I finally have ideas that I am excited about!! I want to make these paper bowls out of recycled paper I have around my house. I am shredding it and putting it on a mold to make a sheet then ripping it and putting it in a bowl mold. I would make a bunch of these and attach them to a wall (possibly with magnets). I'm not sure if I will have anything inside them, I'm kind of interested in stamping dates, I love how those stamps look but I'm not sure how I would incorporate it to make the bowls more meaningful. Thoughts, suggestions? -Malia

2 comments:

  1. im happy you are excited for your idea :D
    I'm fond of it so far :)

    since it's related to the environment, maybe you can stamp some types about dates when something important happened about the earth or the number and facts about earth, or things relate to ..recycle and the current world,and resources etc.
    I just got my subscription of National Geographic this month and it's a whole issue on Water, it's a very depressing issue :(

    and you can also arrange them on the wall in some shape relate to the topic you want to express.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These forms are interesting... The only thing I am questioning about them... is are you able to produce enough of these, fast enough...to make an impact. Well I guess my question is, have you thought about how many you are going to make? different sizes? how they are going to be put together?

    ReplyDelete