This is an independent study about Print Installation at the Savannah College of Art and Design consisting of Sarah, Jill, Peach, Malia, and our wonderful guide Deb.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

idea for the first project -peach

Hi ! I think I'd like to use a corner of the room :)
the joint-twins just couldn't get out of my mind :P
I'm thinking about the door curtains, I'd like to make about 5 rows of them and have them drape down from the ceiling, each row will be consists of 5 long-thin stripes of eastern paper, with illustrations of shared organs and human eyes and maybe some scenes of the siamese twins living together.

but the stripes will be cut in different length so it forms a shape in the middle , a hollow empty shape of two people stand side by side. I'd like my viewer to stand in them, two at a time. so they can get a sense of how the con-jointed twins felt,they were always under the pressure of the public and followed by the shadow everywhere.

I'll upload a sketch later on today cause I'm not doing a good job explaining in words.
now that I think of it, it might be too rushed for april 14 :( I might do a first layer or a smaller version....and keep doing it through the quarter and make it fully rendered for the final....

No comments:

Post a Comment